Sunday 21 September 2008

Got Back Wednesday

I finished the walk, blister and injury free and on schedule on Wednesday 17th. I've not been able to post since I got back - Talktalk is having a problem accessing Blogger.

It was a terrific walk and a great experience, despite a very wet start across the Lake District and saturated ground throughout the route.

I only managed a three or four pounds loss on the weight front and I've got a greatly enhanced appetite. It would be ironic if I gained weight in the long term.

All the gear performed well, except my expensive Meindl boots which are shot: the sole on the heel of one boot is starting to become detached and a line of stitching on the same boot's upper has failed. Although the boots are over a year old they've done less than 400 miles - at 33 pence a mile they're proved more expensive than if I'd driven the distance. I've have a whinge to Meindl via email, but I'm not anticipating any proper redress - it would be nice to be surprised though.

I'll be posting a page for each day of the walk over the course of the next few days. In the meantime the photos are on Picassa.

1 comment:

Steve Watson said...

Apologies to Talktalk - the fault was with my router firewall...