Tuesday 5 August 2008

Bessingby, Wilsthorpe Walk


Posted by Picasa


I took leave today: we’ve got the builders in making a conservatory. I had a couple of hours spare to fit in a short afternoon stroll in the rain with the dog. The advantage of today’s route was that it began and ended at my back door.

After passing through a housing development, an industrial estate, allotments and playing fields, the scene becomes quite rural. I went first to Bessingby, an old estate village. The path then heads for the A165 and the cliff at Wilsthorpe (caravans, chalets and small farms) using overgrown, wet tracks and quiet back lanes.

I’d intended walking along the cliff (here a low clay affair) down to Fraisthorpe and back on the beach, but the dog was looking distinctly soggy and the rain looked set for the rest of the day. We headed for home.

The walk was about five miles.

No comments: